Friday, December 5, 2008

Let's Go Caps!

Hugh gave us tickets to go see the Caps last night. We had such a great time. It didn't hurt that they won 5-2.

You were seriously jonesing for an Ovechkin jersey. We settled on an Ovechkin t-shirt that was a mere $100 less than the kids jersey. I love that you danced all the way down 19th Street when we got off the Metro, slept in your new t-shirt and wore it to school the next day.

A few of my friends emailed me today to say they saw us on the Jumbotron. One of the cameras in the Verizon Center focused on you during the "Smilecam" promotion. Unfortunately, when I told you to smile you did just the opposite.



You also frowned when I explained that the person with the "winning smile" takes home a nice prize. I seriously doubt that experience will teach you to (1) listen to me sometimes, or (2) not be so cool all the time that you can't flash your beautiful smile.

Thanks for going with me anyway!



No comments:

Joe in his First Grade class at JPDS