Sunday, January 25, 2009

Replay

I made good on the get outside in the cold pledge. Today was just you and me.

We went next door to Stoddert and reenacted Super Bowl XXII. We had just watched the highlights on the NFL channel (they're running all the past Super Bowl highlights in a run up to the game this weekend) before heading out. It warmed my heart when you suggested I be Doug Williams and you took on the roles of Gary Clark, Ricky Sanders and Clint Didier. I threw you touchdown passes, our endzone was two large orange traffic cones, as we lived that great second quarter all over again. You were also Timmy Smith and rambled down the field for long touchdown runs.

I have a picture of me and Gary Clark that I will find and show you. My old girlfriend Sue Goldstein knew him and arranged for me to get my picture taken with him.

When I got tired I had the inspired idea we go find some street hockey sticks and a net at a sporting goods store. We got lucky with the third store I called but when we drove out to Sports Authority in Rockville we learned that both sticks were left handed. That stunk.

We did have a good time tonight watching the NHL All Star Game. Thankfully it started early enough that you could see most of it - and Ovechkin's goal - before you had to head up to go to sleep. The other leagues can learn something from that. Thanks for an awesome day.

No comments:

Joe in his First Grade class at JPDS