Sunday, September 27, 2009

CapCon

Yesterday was a lot of fun. I love the father/son bonding we have around the Capitals. I was so bummed that you didn't get a chance to meet Ovechkin. I promised you it will happen one day and it will. I know that you are conscious of the fact that Mom and I met Derek Jeter and that Henry hung out with Cal Ripken and Jack had lunch with David Ortiz. You had a great time in that rink just shooting the Wiffle Balls into the net.




You're interesting. You don't like to do anything unless you are confident you can do it well. That kept you off the bike, out of the pool and away from organized soccer for so long. I've asked a number of times if you want to play hockey but you are so hesitant. And then yesterday after you had all of that time shooting, you said to me, "Hey, I'm pretty good." It reminded me of what you said after your first soccer game ever two weeks ago, when you walked off the field your reaction was, "I didn't mess up."



You're the kind of person who is good at whatever they choose to do, especially if it is physical. I envy that. But it may take a while for you to realize this superpower of yours. It is probably a nice thing that you are not overconfident.

Of course I would have liked yesterday even more if you agreed to go our for dinner afterward. You really never want to go out to eat. You don't have a favorite restaurant. You don't have a favorite food.

This morning I came downstairs and you were having a bag of Oreos for breakfast. I came up from the basement a few minutes ago and you were having a bag of Chips Ahoy for lunch. If I didn't do anything I am positive it would be ice cream for dinner. You pretty much eat ice cream for dinner anyway. You'll eat a tiny bit of what Mom or I serve and then it is straight to the freezer.

I ask you if I can get you something "real" or "normal" to eat and you're already full. You don't have an ounce of body fat and I know you'll grow up healthy and fine, but I wonder if you're not missing something by not having a better diet. Would you be bigger, stronger? I am sure the hockey players we saw yesterday have had their fair share of ice cream for dinner.

No comments:

Joe in his First Grade class at JPDS